The washing machine is an integral household appliances in every home, without it it is very difficult to live now. In country houses, bulk and powerful washing machines are often installed in a special laundry room. In the apartments, many people install them in the interior of the kitchen, when the bathroom does not allow it. But still, most people, following the tradition, tend to put the washing machine in the bathroom. That is why, choosing a washing machine, you should be guided by many parameters in order to optimally install it in the bathroom. Bathroom design involves a lot of ideas - to install the car in a niche, build it in, combine the cabinet and the washing machine, install it under the wall and separately.
Where in the bathroom to install a washing machine
For a spacious bathroom in the interior of an apartment of modern planning, finding a place under the "washer" is not difficult. However, what to do if the washing machine is installed in a small bathroom, for example, in a Khrushchev bathroom?
In this case, it is recommended to choose a place based on the following:
- The location of the washing machine should be safe. Security measures in this case should be taken in relation to the washing machine, and from her. For example, it should not be mounted in close proximity to a washbasin or a bathroom, as it is electronic and may be damaged by moisture.
- The washing machine in the bathroom must be protected from various mechanical damages.
- Do not put heavy objects on the washing machine, as well as other objects, because the electronic part of the machine is located directly under the top cover of the case. Therefore, even minor deflections can affect its performance.
- In addition, the machine must be installed close to the communications lines - sewage, water pipes and electrical outlets.
- With all this, the machine should not interfere with the movement in the room, its design should fit harmoniously into the small bathroom.
Location of the car in the bathroom
Options for the location of the washing machine can be several:
Option number 1
If your bathroom has a modest size, then it is appropriate to place the washing machine under the sink. There are several advantages of this placement: rational use of the space directly under the sink and space saving. But when installing the machine under the sink, you should take care that it covers the surface of it as much as possible, and you should not allow water to enter during washing.
In this arrangement there will be other disadvantages:
- have to buy a sink like a water lily;
- it is necessary to use a special siphon, it is often included in the kit of the machine that is used for this location;
- high probability of blockage due to the nature of the shell;
- washing machine loading will be minimal;
- there is a danger of water getting into the appropriate electrical control system of the washing machine, which will cause a breakdown;
- although the design of such an arrangement will look aesthetically pleasing, it will not be very convenient to use such a sink, because the equipment will be under your feet;
- It is possible to use the machine only with front loading.
This design will have more flaws than advantages, so this option is rarely chosen.
Option number 2
A good option for placement will be the built-in machine. Today, this technique is very popular. However, the machine will have to be located in the existing bathroom furniture, so there is one caveat: such sets will have to be made to order directly for the design and dimensions of the entire room and the washing machine.
Option number 3
Another good option would be to install near the sink. To make the design look more harmonious, they can be combined with a common table top, especially considering the fact that recently its use in this room has been used more often. Also, to make the interior design of the bathroom more spacious above the table top it is recommended to hang a mirror.
Option number 4
In some bathrooms you can see niches fitted in the wall. This is a great place to have a washing machine. In this case, the planned interior design will not suffer.
In the presence of a spacious bathroom, the washing machine can be located anywhere. However, so that it does not spoil the design, you should prepare a special niche for it. In this case, it is also recommended to decorate this corner in a special way so that in general it looks organically in the interior of the room. However, as a rule, designers in most cases do not clean washing machines into corners, but on the contrary expose them. True, they cover it from above with a large table top, which unites in one line both electrical appliances, and cupboards on the floor, and a sink.
Household appliances, if desired, can be completely hidden in a cabinet, having closed a convenient folding door from prying eyes. This option will be justified if the interior design of the bathroom is made in a classic style, or in bright colors. This is explained by the fact that in such a situation the washing machine will break out of the harmonious design of the room, bringing a certain dissonance to the created cozy atmosphere.