The peak of the popularity of photo wallpaper came at the turn of the 80s and 90s. The choice of decorative and finishing materials was small, and they allowed to quickly, easily and cheaply make the room relatively original. “Relatively” - because the themes were very monotonous: parks, forests, beaches and other landscapes. Most often, the wallpapers were on their own, being just an image on the wall, and not part of a single interior. Therefore, as the range of finishing materials increased, the need for photo wallpapers became lower.
The influence of the photo wallpaper on the interior is difficult to overestimate. They can make the space bigger or smaller, warmer or colder, depending on the type and design of the selected image. Wall mural set the tone of the room, clearly declaring its style accessories, so you need to choose them carefully and correctly, taking into account the style and layout of the room.
- Cold colors expand the space, warm - narrow it. Use this to visually increase the size of your one-room apartment;
- Photowall-paper with prospect allow to increase the size of a small room considerably;
- Repetition in other elements of the interior colors that are present on the wallpaper, will enhance the aesthetic effect;
- You can play on the contrast. For example, to combine in one interior black and white wallpapers and colored furniture. This technique is suitable for glamor, hi-tech and neo-baroque interiors.
Wall mural must be selected with care. There is a risk that they will look ugly or ridiculous, visually reduce the room or even annoy. To prevent this from happening to you, we will list the main types of errors when choosing wallpaper:
- a large number of unusual obsessive pictures that can be annoying;
- filling the entire room with color images, then the room will appear smaller than it actually is;
- decoration with wallpaper mural of two or more walls;
- selection of photo wallpapers with the image of large objects, they "eat up" the space;
- genre and style mismatch of photo wallpapers and other interior elements.
Wall mural is more than just an image on the wall. Thanks to them, a guest will be able to see at a glance what kind of person you are, or, on the contrary, be amazed at your versatility and incomprehensibility. This is a kind of "avatar" of your inner world, and at the same time the face of your one-room castle. What you would like to fill your life with. Therefore, in no case should not treat the choice of photo wallpaper scornfully. And we hope that our advice will help you to change your one-room apartment and your life with the help of photo wallpapers.